Relocation Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale
Compassionate & Informative Legal Counsel
If you are a divorced parent who is considering moving to a new location with your child, you are likely going to face a lot of resistance from your child’s other parent, especially if the move is significant enough to limit your ex’s access to the child in question. You must first be given permission from the child’s other parent, which may not be easy to obtain. If you leave without your ex’s consent, there may be a pick-up order issued, ordering the return of your child to the state of Florida.
Our Fort Lauderdale divorce lawyers of Arcaro Law Group know how complicated divorce can be, especially when there are children involved. This is why our legal team will work tirelessly to offer you the best advice possible regarding your relocation situation, as not many Florida lawyers have the experience or skill we do. We can fight on your behalf no matter which side of the situation you are on, whether you are wishing to relocate or do not wish to have your child do so.
In order for relocation to be approved, a judge must consider the following:
- The nature, quality, extent, and duration of time the child has with either parent, as well as other significant people in the child’s life, such as siblings or grandparents
- The age and needs of the child
- The impact the relocation with have on the child’s various developments, including physical, educational, and emotional
- The possibility of preserving the relationship with the non-relocating parent, as well as the relocating parent’s likelihood of compliance with the non-relocating parent
- The child’s preference, especially if the child is of a certain maturity or age
- How the move will affect the child’s quality of life
- The reasons for relocation
- The employment and financial status of each parent
Contact Our Fort Lauderdale Divorce Lawyers Today
At Arcaro Law Group, we are comprised of Fort Lauderdale divorce attorneys who understand just how difficult it can be to suddenly face the ending of a marriage you intended to be in forever. With divorce comes a number of frustrating complications, especially when it comes to the children or finances involved. This is why our legal team applies all of our experience, education, and energy to ensure you don’t face these complications on your own–we will be your trusted guides and relentless advocates.
Call Now For A Free Consultation